Village Sanitation Project, Nepal
- To help the villages through the aftermath of the Earthquake we ask for your help
- Children who now live with a cleaner living environment and less smoke in houses are important beneficiaries
- The principle - removing waste safely >> the design detail >> in the paddock
- The Himalayan backdrop to the village sanitation program work
- Part of the team at the toilet handover to the families
- Bishnu Shrestha - Director of Community Health Development Society Nepal and project manager
- Jaya Mangal, CHDS, at toilet handover ceremony
- Local village children - the target for improved health conditions
- Bishnu Shretha and Surya Lama at toilet handover ...and festival time!
- Completed toilets improve health >> the biogas churn for animal waste >> a toilet is handed over to a family
For information about the toilet building, septic and biogas systems and galleries showing all stages of construction to the handover ceremonies
To keep up to date with the progress of these projects and some insight into village life. View the short movie about the Village Sanitation Program by clicking here.
During the earthquake and recovery, we are raising additional funds for any rebuilding efforts for the villages of Bhattedande, Dandagaun & Arubot which have suffered much destruction from the earthquake and aftershocks. All donations are still tax deductible and made through our Nepal Sanitation Program partners RAWCS. Please share this link.