PRODUCTS & PROCESSES
- Demonstration House
- Doors: locks, hinges, handles
- Gas Bottles and Safety
- Hot Water Systems
- Infrastructure Survey
- Kitchen Module Design
- Maintaining Houses for Better Health (MHBH)
- Monitoring Water Flow
- National Indigenous Housing Guide (NIHG)
- NIHG Assessment Tool
- Planning Assessment Tool
- Pre-fab shower, laundry & toilet block
- Stove Function - finding a better solution
- Tap Evaluation - finding better taps
- Temperature Control inside the house
- Tool belts for Survey/Fix team
- Training Materials
- Yard Improvement - Better outdoor living
FHBH Survey data shows that taps are not working well. Poorly performing taps impact on the ability of the householder to maintain personal hygiene and health. Washing children under 5 years of age is the highest priority HLP after Safety
This was developed to be used by a skilled designer/architect to check a set of house plans and specifications against the requirements of the National Indigenous Housing Guide (NIHG) to improve compliance, for new and upgraded houses...
...The Checklist showed that many new and upgrade projects did not comply with the items presented in the NIHG.
FHBH survey data shows stoves are performing poorly in Indigenous communities nationally with an average lifespan of between 6 months to two years. Stoves support Healthy Living Practice (HLP) 4 Improving Nutrition:...